What types of personal data do we collect?
Braingroup will collect and process personal data about you depending on the product or service we provide to you:
- Website Browsing Information: IP address is anonymized, which means we cannot determine where you are coming from or associate your Braingroup website usage with any other data we store.
- Social-media-login: Login information for social media accounts you connect to (e.g. Linkedin). More information about social media. More information about social media.
- Job Applicant Information: Contact information such as name, position, address, email.
- Newsletter/Mailings: email address and sometimes name. More information about Newsletter und Mailings.
Please note that without this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services.
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your data from the inquiry form including the contact data you provided there will be stored by us for the purpose of processing in case of follow-up inquiries. We do not pass on this data without your consent and it is treated confidentially.
What is the purpose and legal basis for processing your personal data?
We always process your personal data for a specific purpose and only process personal data relevant to that purpose. We process your personal data on the following legal basis:
- the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to act at your request prior to entering the contract
- compliance with legal and regulatory requirements to which we are subject;
- the purposes of our legitimate interests.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Managing our relationship with you, including communicating with you about our products and services (for example, when you register for an event).
- Providing and improving our products and services.
Fulfillment of our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Sometimes we share your personal information with third parties, including other Braingroup companies or offices in connection with our business strategy and when necessary to enable us to provide our products and services to you.
We also engage third-party vendors to perform certain business functions for us, such as marketing service providers, consultants, and accountants, as well as any potential buyers of Braingroup and its related businesses. We take steps to ensure that they meet our confidentiality and data security standards so that your personal information remains secure.
We may disclose personal information to government agencies, regulators, or governmental entities if required to do so by law or if an agency or governmental entity has issued an order requiring such personal information from us. Before providing the information, we will notify you if permitted by applicable law.
We store and process your personal data on servers in Switzerland and the European Economic Area (EEA). Normally, we do not transfer your personal data to countries outside Switzerland and the EEA. If it is necessary in special cases, we transfer your data to countries outside Switzerland and the EEA.
If you would like to learn more about the appropriate safeguards we have in place for the transfer of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to the personal data you have provided. Since complete data security cannot be guaranteed when communicating by e-mail, instant messaging and similar means, we recommend that particularly confidential information be transmitted by another secure means.
What are your data protection rights and how can you exercise them?
You have the right,
- to access your personal data and obtain certain information about it, such as the purpose for which it is processed, the persons to whom it is disclosed and the period for which it is stored;
- request that we promptly correct any inaccuracies in your personal information;
- to request that we delete your personal data;
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- to receive personal data you have provided us with in machine-readable form.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions under applicable data protection law. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with Braingroup’s response, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in the country where you live or work, or where you believe a problem has arisen in connection with your data.
Braingroup has integrated components (buttons, icons, videos) of the social network LinkedIn. The purpose of integrating the social media component is to draw visitors’ attention to our other communication channels, to make this website better known and to increase our visitor numbers.
If you call up a page on braingroup.ch with integrated social network components, your internet browser automatically downloads a representation of the buttons from the corresponding social networks. Social networks such as LinkedIn always receive the information via this component that you have visited our website. The social network receives knowledge of which specific subpage of our website you visit and assigns the information to your account.
Additional information on the individual social networks:
Newsletter and mailings
If you would like to receive news from Braingroup, we require an e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and that you agree to receive the mailings. We send sporadically newsletters or mailings with news about our products and services and invitations to conferences and other Braingroup training events and events. You can revoke your consent to the use of your data for sending the newsletter at any time, for example by using the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
For sending the news we use https://www.campaignmonitor.com